Kratom comes in various strains and sources. One of the most popular strains known for its effects is OG Bali kratom. Many first-time users and long-term users praise the experiences they have on it. It’s also a fan favorite because of the price. Now you might be wondering, “What’s all the rage about OG Bali?”, or “How is it any different from other types of kratom?”. Read on to find out why it’s the apple of the community’s eye.
What is OG Bali Kratom?
OG stands for “Old Growth” or used to denote that it’s a strain a brand has carried for years. This distinguishes from other Bali types that many be sold on the market. However, it’s important to note that some brands do use it as a marketing ploy, so knowing the source is recommended. Bali kratom is one of the most common and popular types of kratom. It’s named Bali because it originates from Bali, Indonesia. It’s also grown in Thailand and Malaysia.
It’s one of the cheapest and easiest produced strains. This makes it more susceptible to poor quality, so choosing a trusted vendor is important. The upside to it being cheap and easy to make is it’s always in demand and available.
What are the Differences Between Red Bali and OG Bali?
Red Bali is another popular strain of kratom. It comes from the red vein leaf of the Bali plant. There are some differences from its parent strain. Red Bali is high in 25 alkaloids of the 40 present in kratom. It has both high amounts of 7-hydroxmitragine and mitragynine. Red Bali is believed to have
- Pain-relieving Properties
- Sedative Effects
- Relaxation of the Mind.
Red Bali is thought to be more potent than the green and white strains because of the alkaloids found in it. OG Bali is believed to have more effects than Red Bali and reacts differently to the body. Bali kratom is thought to work slower and provide more steady effects. Like the red strain, it’s said to help with pain relief and relaxation. It’s also believed to suppress appetite and have mood-boosting properties.
Is OG Bali Popular Among Kratom Users?
OG Bali is the most common and popular strain of kratom. Many beginners often choose this type when starting because of the effects. It’s also popular because of the price. This type of kratom is cheap and easy to make. The most popular strain of the Bali kratom is the Red Bali. Many first-time users choose this strain. White strains are rare to find but those that try it, praise its effects. The green strain isn’t as popular as the other two and it’s often because the effects aren’t are potent. Many
What Alkaloids are in OG Bali Kratom?
Kratom had 40 alkaloids in total. The two main alkaloids that give kratom its effects are mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Alkaloids determine the potency levels of each strain. Each type of kratom and the strain will vary. For example, Red Bali has 25 highly active alkaloids. This is due to many factors.
- One factor that affects potency is where the kratom is sourced. Kratom grown in some regions is more potent than others. It’s considered to be from the type of soil and how it’s cared for. The weather can also affect your kratom. Poor conditions for the plant to grow in make the kratom weaker. Some sources will even produce inconsistent batches. For example, Sumatra Island has a reputation for having the weakest and most inconsistent kratom.
- Another factor involves the harvesting process. Kratom’s effects come from its leaves. Some leaves are picked too early and therefore results in weaker kratom. Leaves that are picked near their maturity will yield more potent kratom. Many suppliers won’t even use a large portion of the leaves they collect because they aren’t up to quality.
- The last factor is the drying process. The drying process can negatively affect its potency. This depends on the method a supplier is using. Kratom isn’t meant to be dried for long periods and doesn’t hold up well against the elements when drying.
How Much Does OG Bali Cost?
Bali kratom is relatively cheap. However, depending on who you buy from may cost you more than average or less. For example, head shops tend to charge more for kratom than buying online. Buying online comes with better quality and safety. Gas stations and head shops lack knowledge and experience with kratom and often buy the cheapest and lowest quality products. Prices will also depend on the method you want. For example, capsules are more expensive than buying it in powder form.
What are the Pros?
- Easy to produce
- Widely available
What are the Cons?
- Susceptible to poor quality
- Might be too potent for some
Where to Buy OG Bali Kratom?
PurKratom is recognized by the American Kratom Association. They include 3rd party lab results to ensure high quality. Their powder is priced at $15.99 for 1oz and they sell 1kg for $189.99 for all three Bali strains. They also sell 22 other strains of kratom.
2) Coastline Kratom
Coastline Kratom is based in Florida. They ship to all 50 states in the United States with free shipping on orders over $75. They have 50gm/capsules starting with 25, 50, 75, and 100 capsules per bottle. The capsule prices range from $14.99 to $42.99 depending on how many capsules you want. They also have 28gm/pack of powder for $12.99 to $42.99 for the red strain and $15.99 to $56.99 for the white strain.
3) Kat Botanicals
Kat Botanicals offers 3rd party lab results for their kratom. They don’t sell capsules, but they do have all three strains of Bali kratom for sale. It starts at $5 to $30.99 depending on if you want an ounce or 250 grams. They also have a sample pack for $31.99 that has a 1oz pack of Green Bali.